Thursday, March 23, 2006

More than simple religious fervor?

For a long time I have reserved comment on Islam and Muslims in general. My reasons for this have been two fold. 1) I am ignorant to their faith and beliefs, so I am unable to accurately form an opinion; and 2) I assumed the ‘acts of terrorism’ to be carried out be those caught in the grasp of religious fervor (which I still believe to be true). Now however, I can no longer hold my tongue.

Abdul Rahman was charged with ‘converting from Islam’. He was not charged by his church or mosque. He was charged by his state (Afghanistan). Lets see, what would be a fitting charge for changing your beliefs…hmmm….I dunno, I didn’t think a charge should exist. But the genius’ who developed Sharia Law decided that the death penalty should be enforced when someone decides to think for themselves.

I really do mean that the authors of Sharia Law are genius. I mean think about, Muslims are born Muslims, without any opportunity to change their faith. Thus, their population can only grow (assuming a birth rate greater than death rate(and suicide rate)) and bolster their ranks. Combine this with mandatory recruitment and you have an unstoppable force.

I think that if I ever form a cult it will be based on two things; blind religious fervor, and the penalty of death for thinking independently. But I don’t think I’ll have to worry about people thinking for themselves because I will impose sleep limiting practices and near starvation conditions to keep my people subservient.

If you wish to read more about Abdul Rahmans story:

CBC

BBC

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope this incident will be blown up into global proportions simply so people who are ignorant of the Muslim religion and Muslim governments will become better informed. People must read the Quran through to the end---just once. Unless you know what is in this book, you'll never understand the worldview of the Muslim.

Personally, I believe that the Muslim religion keeps its believers unable to grow up. It subverts the concepts of liberty that we, in the West, take as (forgive the expression)..."God-given" rights.

Bonita said...

Technorati boasts 8,088 posts on Abdul Rahman - I think someone has made an impression!

James Strawman said...

Once again this is an example of the problems caused by religion.

Anonymous said...

James, a website that you will really enjoy is www.truthdig.com. Click on the material by Sam Harris and An Atheist Manifesto.