Friday, March 03, 2006

Manic Habits

After reviewing the definitions of ‘manic’ and ‘mania’, I’ve decided that perhaps I am neither. However, I do experience what may be considered mild manic depressiveness, without the extreme negative connotation. By this I mean; ‘I experience the highs, often lasting for weeks, to a month, and are marked by excess productivity and motivation. Following these periods I experience the exact opposite, extended periods of time (weeks again) marked by laziness, sleepiness, and generally unproductive behaviour.

Currently I find myself in one of my ‘down’ periods I guess you could call it. I’m not exactly depressed, or am depressed with out the ‘depression’ part of it. If that makes any sense. I’m not experiencing the negative thoughts, and the general doom and gloom feelings that people associate with depression. I am however unmotivated and lethargic. The trick for me now is to try and find something to snap me out of it. And perhaps the fact that I am writing this is evident that I am emerging from this period of lethargy.

This cyclic, or sinusoidal pattern to my behaviour is not a new development. I have been like this since at least highschool, perhaps earlier.

Motivation …draining….need to enrich..core….coffee….

Lol…later.

No comments: